Whether you like it or not, so far you are PC lover, I mean the fact that you love doing most of your online or offline tasks on PC then you don’t have a choice you must know about Quick Assist tool to ease and make your PC usage easy and pretty smooth.
So if you are the type that enjoy doing majority of your tasks on computer, or basically you work on PC, then it’s no doubt that you one way or the other would have run into issues using your computer, bug or not.
Assuming you are experiencing little issues with your computer, this is where the Quick Assist tools come in, and the good new is that this post will walk you through the while process to go about it.
So if you are still wondering, Remote Assistance is simply a common way to resolve computer issues when on-site help is not available, or if you do not have someone around to resolve any issues you may have.
But to be straight, the setting up remote support is not all easy. Nite that it comes with plenty of tools for remote support but not so easy for majority of people to actually set this up.
The Quick Support on Window 10
We all know window 10, I’m sure about that, note that this actually comes with two remote access devices; Remote desk, and quick support.
Be sure that even the Remote Desktop is only available on Windows 10 Pro versions but Quick Assist is available on all versions of Windows 10, in addition with the Home version that most homeowners use till date.
The Quick Support app is on Windows 10;
- Stock app on Windows 10 and shipped out of the box.
- Allows a Windows 10 user to remotely connect to another Windows 10 system.
- Provides authentication codes so that unauthorized users cannot access a system.
- The app can be used to get support and provide remotely ie, one app does both.
- Gives full access to the whole system accessor.
Setting up Windows 10 Quick Assist
Assuming you are part of the people that wants tk mm to remotely support a Windows 10 user through Quick Assist, you need to generate code for the session. Of course this code takes several steps to generate and you need to communicate with the owner of the other system during the process.
- Just open the Start the record.
- Go to List of apps.
- Expand Windows Accessories.
- Choose Early support.
- Click Help someone else.
- Sign in with a Microsoft account you plan to use it to help.
- Copy the code and put it away to the person you intend to help.
Note: this code we are talking about expires after ten minutes. You must share it and it must be used within that time.
Connecting to the Window 10 Quick Assist
Of course you can get a code from the remote supporter. Make sure the code has been re-created ie, it should not be an hour or days old. Code cannot be recycled and is only valid for one session.
- Firstly open the Start the record.
- Go to List of apps.
- go to Windows Clothing> Quick Support.
- Enter the code given to you.
- Click on share screen to start the session.
How to Start a Quick Help session
Incase you want to start an Quick Support session, follow these steps. You and the person you are helping with must work together to start the session.
- Open Quick Support on your system.
- Give the code to the other user.
- You have the other user enter the code.
- On your screen, choose how you want to help: Take a look or take full control.
- Once you select a mode, the other user must let the session set up.
- You will see a a new window on the screen that displays the other system.
- You can now control it.
The Quick Support Controls
To add to that, the window allows you to control the other system with a mouse and keyboard but there are special controls at the top. The controls let you;
- First of all Choose a different monitor if several inspectors are established.
- Make a note on the screen ie drag it to mark something on the screen.
- View ‘actual size’ window ie to show the actual size of the remote system.
- Build a management channel ie, switch to text-based communication mode.
- Restart the remote system.
- Get to the job manager on the other system.
- Stop the session.
- Stop the session.
It’s certain that you all know by now that Quick Assist provides a network connection to a system. It is easy to set up and you should be careful who you set one up with.
In addition to all the above facts, even people’s computer can definitely be controlled remotely in such a session and if you gave control to people you do not trust, you can lose confidential files and / or data. Don’t also forget that this Quick Assist is available on Windows 10 and Windows 11, but it’s actually not available on Windows 8 / 8.1 or older ones.