This days or better still the world now is now filled and enhanced by digital influences which actually makes whole life easy and fun at the same time, one of thr digital devices that makes life fun is the Oculus Quest 2 for virtual reality.
Another thing is if you spend hours enjoying the virtual reality headset, then you should know that comfortability is the key to having uninterrupted fun and experience.
First of all, if your Oculus Quest 2 head strap is not tight, just aggressively average, which of course indicates that it should be replaced with something more enjoyable. To learn how to tighten Oculus Quest 2, read through this article.
The device has been upgraded to a more powerful one, such that you have a great VR experience like never before, especially when you boost it with game-changing accessories.
Know that Oculus Quest 2 is not too costly, it’s very easy to use, totally compact, and able to play vastly immersive PC-caliber games. It’s also great for experiencing VR-based workouts and other duplicated activities, like playing golf or fishing.
To know if you have the best head straps, it has to have plenty of support around your head behind, as well as firm fittings to the front. To try out these head straps, you need to spend a lot of time playing in VR.
In case you wear glasses with VR, the headset can be very difficult to remove. However, the Kiwi head strap can bend at an extreme angle, allowing you to put the headset on without knocking it into your face. The Kiwi head strap is more comfortable to use than the Elite strap.
Read on to get the nitty-gritty on how to tighten Oculus Quest 2, adjust side straps on Oculus Quest 2, how to wear Oculus Quest 2 properly, and so on. Stay tuned!
Adjusting the Side Straps on Oculus Quest 2
Normally, the side straps are always available to make your VR Headset more comfortable. The strap has firm support for the back of your head that supports stability, and the wheel in the back allows you to augment the tension to achieve the perfect fit. You need to tighten Oculus Quest 2 to enjoy the fun optimally.
Oculus also offers a version of the Elite Strap with an integrated battery that can help extend your playing time. To adjust the side straps on Oculus Quest 2, to wrap comfortably around your head, you need to follow the steps below:
- Bring out the Oculus Quest 2 from the box.
- Remove any plastic inserts from the headset and unwrap the cloth straps.
- Hold the straps from the back and grab the plastic sliders to adjust the circumference of the straps.
- Move the sliders closer together to make the circumference a bit smaller, and move the straps further apart to make the circumference bigger.
- You can place the display portion on your face first and then lower the straps down onto the back of your head.
- You need to keep the headset in place and firm when using the Quest 2, but not so tight that it feels so uncomfortable.
- Make sure the strap makes a straight line around the back of your head from the front of the headset.
- The strap should rest above your ears and clinch the occipital bone at the back of your head.
- Adjust the strap arms that connect the strap to the Oculus Quest 2 by spinning them to ensure they are in line with the strap running around the back of your head.
Once you have been able to successfully tighten Oculus Quest 2 around your head, having a nice tight hug, then you will be able to adjust the top strap to keep the display from sagging. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Once the Oculus Quest 2 is on your head and the side straps have been tightened, reach up top and unstrap the velcro.
- Tighten the velcro by pulling the velcro strap towards the back, which brings the height of the side straps up.
- Detach the velcro strap by pulling the side strap down with one hand while holding onto the velcro strap with the other hand.
Ways to adjust Oculus Quest 2 for best fit with glasses
In case you need to wear glasses while using your Oculus Quest 2, you might want to use the spacer that comes in the box. This is to ensure there is enough room to fit your glasses inside the Quest 2 without scratching the lenses. Follow the steps below to adjust Oculus Quest 2 with glasses:
- Remove the plastic insert from the Oculus Quest 2’s box.
- Ensure you don’t crack the plastic around the pad by squeezing it too hard.
- Remove the face pad from the Oculus Quest 2 by pulling from the plastic connector that the pad is attached to.
- Attach the plastic glasses insert onto the Oculus Quest 2. It should click into the Quest 2 on the top and bottom of the insert.
- Attach the face pad onto the glasses insert so that the glasses insert is between the face pad and the Quest 2.
- It should click into the glasses insert on the top and bottom once correctly attached.
Getting the perfect fit with Oculus Quest 2 varies from one person to another person. Some might need to ensure that the top strap is extra secured, while others won’t need to worry about it that much. Since everyone has a different face, which means the headset needs to be readjusted for each person as they get ready to play games.
To have the best VR experience, you will want a firm fit that doesn’t feel tight. However, in case you are new to VR, you might want the back of the strap to sit against the lower back of your head.
It should sit at the top of your neck and the bottom of your skull. This way the headset’s weight is evenly distributed and not concentrated all on the front of your face.
How you can Tighten Oculus Quest 2
It’s very important to tighten Oculus Quest 2 while playing your games. This way the VR headset won’t move over your head when you walk around.
You can move your head towards the left for short seconds, then look on the right side for about 10 seconds at a stretch, this can help in the process of tightening Oculus Quest 2. There are several items of hardware that users can buy to ensure you tighten Oculus Quest 2 feels more comfortable. Follow the steps below to tighten Oculus Quest 2:
- Click on Oculus Quest 2 and it will allow you to move and adjust the headset closer or farther away from your head.
- Once you’ve got the proper adjustments that you feel relaxed even while moving you can now play using your PSVR headset!
- You can keep it in your pocket, and attach the cable, however, it’s more efficient when it is connected to your headband in a variety of several ways.
- Remove any stickers on inserts now. Attach the glasses’ plastic frame to your Oculus Quest 2.
To do that, follow the steps below:
- Turn the two sliders located on each side of the strap that is at the top.
- To loosen the straps on the sides then move the sliders towards that strap at the top.
- Once you have moved the sliders, you can center the top strap in between the sliders, so that both sides are in the same direction, and that the top strap is placed on your head once you put on the headset.
- Your skull is very hard and has little padding, and that padding should be provided by the head strap, not your head.
- It’s more beneficial to buy a complete head strap replacement but it might cost you more than you would be able to afford.
- Try pulling both straps on the sides “thingies” in tandem instead of just pulling one at a time.
- If you try to pull them both at the same time, they are unable to move.
- Pull the toggles hard and they can slide pretty far along the strap to shorten it. There’s a good range of adjustments available.
To adjust the length of the straps, grip the straps from the back and the plastic sliders too.
You don’t need to have any equipment to begin using Oculus Quest 2. This is because the headset and controllers come as a complete package.
If you are a true lover of VR and you are looking for the highest level of fun there’s nothing more amazing than this. Reattach the foam insert to your Quest. That’s it!
Adjusting Oculus Quest 2 Lenses
To adjust the Oculus Quest 2 lenses requires simple steps, follow the steps below:
- Gently adjust the lenses by shifting them left, then right till they click into the position that allows you to see what’s on the screen very clearly.
- To loosen the side straps, move the sliders toward the top strap. To tighten the side straps, move the sliders away from the top strap.
- After moving the sliders, center the top strap between the sliders so that the two sides are equal, and the top strap is centered on your head once you put the headset on.
- Note that you will need to remove the headset from your head to adjust the side straps with the sliders.
- Adjust the side straps, to do this, move the two sliders on either side of the top strap.
- In case you are wearing glasses, make sure to insert the glasses spacer. Once you are ready to put on the VR headset, put it on from front to back
- Place the headset on your head, then remove it to make any necessary adjustments to the side straps as needed.
- Once the side straps are set, put your headset back on and adjust the top strap.
- You can simply adjust the top strap by pulling apart the velcro and reattaching it so that your Quest 2 rests lightly on your face and the picture is clear.
- You can tweak your headset fit and clarity by gently moving the firm arms on either side of your Quest 2 up and down to adjust the angle of the headset against your face.
- That’s it! You have successfully adjusted Oculus Quest 2 lenses.
How to Remove Oculus Quest 2 Strap
Here’s everything you need to know about how to remove the strap and also how to install a new one in case you need to. The process is relatively easy:
- Remove the facial cover by pulling it evenly.
- Detach the top strap by loosely pulling away from the piece of looped velcro.
- Remove the side straps by pulling gently away on each side of the headset.
In short, installing and uninstalling the strap from your Quest 2 is an easy process and with the variety of several options available, you will be sure to find a very comfortable one.
To loosen your VR headset, you can follow the steps below:
- Firstly, find the button placed on the bottom right part of the headset.
- Then click on it and it will allow you to move and adjust the goggle nearer or further to your head.
- Once you have the right adjustments that you are comfortable with even while moving, you can now enjoy playing via your PSVR headset!
- That’s it!
After everything we have put into this article, we are hoping it has helped you in a way or two to tighten Oculus Quest 2 easily by yourself conciniently.